Motorcycle VIN Check & History Reports
Just like a car VIN check, motorcycle VIN check helps discover potential problems with a specific vehicle. All motorcycles manufactured in 1981 or later have a standard 17-character VIN. This procedure helps you:
- Determine the actual cost of the motorcycle
- Make sure the motorcycle is roadworthy and riding it is legal
- Save money on pre-purchase inspection. If you are not an expert you'll need to hire a mechanic to inspect the motorbike for you and that will cost you some dollars.
- Ensure your and your passengers' safety. Riding a motorbike is much more dangerous than a car. Riding a problem motorcycle can be mortally dangerous.
- Know the history of this motorcycle. In most cases, VIN number check means obtaining the vehicle history report that tells all there is to know about the vehicle's past. A motorcycle history report is a great way to learn ins and out of the motorcycle without even leaving home.
- Discover a theft history on the entire motorcycle or its parts
Unlike most other VIN report services, the form you see on this page allows to check VIN on motorcycle, while major car history report providers specialize on cars. These reports have all you need to make a safe, informed purchasing decision.
Can I Check Motorcycle VIN Free?
Is that possible to do lookup a motorcycle VIN number free? In certain cases, it is. Remember: what is offered online as free motorcycle VIN number check actually does not show the motorcycle's history but only the basic information, such as make, model, the year it was manufactured etc. However, if you notice mismatches in the documents, the free report and what the seller tells you about this motorcycle that's a warning sign that something's wring with this one. For the vehicle history you'll need to buy the full report. You may try sending a request to you local DMV for free. However, using specialized online services for this is faster, more convenient and the reports include more critical data.
Examine Motorcycle VIN on the Vehicle!
In practice, you start to check the VIN on a motorcycle by examining it on the vehicle itself if you want to make sure you are checking the VIN for a right motorcycle. Motorcycle is less complicated than a car, has a smaller number of parts, easier to transport, reassemble and hide. For this reason, it is often equipped with stolen parts.
The law requires that the motorcycle VIN number be located in two places: on the frame and on the engine. Riding a motorcycle without both the codes at their authorized locations is illegal. You'll have to find both these motorcycle number locations, copy and check them both. You'll probably need a torch for that. Make sure the frame and the engine numbers are identical. Mismatching VINs or a missing VIN in one of the standard locations may signify that the motorcycle could be stolen or/and reassembled and is not roadworthy or ilegal if stolen parts were used. If the VINs are different this means that the engine was replaced. Then you have to use the VIN on the frame to identify the vehicle. This part of motorbike VIN check is very essential. Always check the history by VIN before you buy it, you don't want to have problems with the police or put your life at risk!